Re: art with lines/geometric shapes

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 11:19:02 PDT

Ellen,

I can give you LOTS of good ones...would you like to
make it an American Art focus? - teach a bit of
American Art History in the process? I will give you
ONE now and wait to hear back from you
(Jdecker@woh.rr.com)
Lee Krasner (1908 to 1984)
Composition 1943
This has shape in an obvious way and line in an obvius
way.
(I did fnd it on a poster shop)
http://www.postershop.com/Krasner-Lee/Krasner-Lee-Composition-6100277.html&Partnerid=2922

Artcyclopedia is down right now but check back fro
images

This might give you some leads:
http://www.the-artists.org/ArtistView.cfm?id=8A01F80D-BBCF-11D4-A93500D0B7069B40

another good one for shape:
http://artscenecal.com/ArtistsFiles/KrasnerL/KrasnerLFile/KrasnerPics/LKrasner7.html

Judith Decker

--- emb15@cwru.edu wrote:
> Hello!
> I am writing some basic lesson plans on line and
> geometric shapes for 1st and 2nd grade. I want to be
> able to show examples of work by artists who have
> used these elements in an obvious way in their work.
> The only one that comes quickly to mind is Mondrian
> for line. Does anyone have any suggestions? Much
> appreciated if you do.
> -Ellen
>

> ---
> judydeckeriad@yahoo.com