Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: art with lines/geometric shapes

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 11:19:02 PDT

I can give you LOTS of good ones...would you like to
make it an American Art focus? - teach a bit of
American Art History in the process? I will give you
ONE now and wait to hear back from you
Lee Krasner (1908 to 1984)
Composition 1943
This has shape in an obvious way and line in an obvius
(I did fnd it on a poster shop)

Artcyclopedia is down right now but check back fro

This might give you some leads:

another good one for shape:

Judith Decker

--- wrote:
> Hello!
> I am writing some basic lesson plans on line and
> geometric shapes for 1st and 2nd grade. I want to be
> able to show examples of work by artists who have
> used these elements in an obvious way in their work.
> The only one that comes quickly to mind is Mondrian
> for line. Does anyone have any suggestions? Much
> appreciated if you do.
> -Ellen
> ---

Judith Decker