RE: HP ad/Hockney-esque

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 10:45:38 PDT

This is what I found out - may be a lesson or something to pass on to photo
students -
an article can be found (and there are many):

        http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/031002/hp_ads_1.html

        ...ADVERTISEMENTThe television, print and online ads feature
slender, grinning 20-somethings who routinely shoot photos of themselves,
their friends and their parties. The ads, set to a never-before commercially
licensed song by moody British rockers The Cure, will be shown during
network shows Friends, Will and Grace, and Survivor; and on cable programs
including Trading Spaces, While You Were Out, and City Confidential.

The campaign, the largest ever for Palo Alto-based HP, includes a Web log,
or blog, where people can submit photo collages for online publication.
Internet ads appear on Yahoo.com, Concierge.com, Evite.com, DIY.com and
Epicurious.com.

        Ellen in KY -
> HP has a new TV ad out where the images remind me of Hockney's photo
> collages - very nice...
> when I was trying to find out more about it - I came across this factoid:

---