RE: HS art history project

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 05:44:47 PDT

How 'bout Chris Van Allsburg?http://www.storyopolis.com/portfolio-dbp.asp?ArtistID=207

 jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruth Wilson [mailto:Ruth.Wilson@dcsdk12.org]
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 2:57 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: HS art history project

Before Halloween our department is going to
create a multi media presentation for our students
A sort of "Taste of the Arts" so that if they are in
Ceramics they can see what Commercial Art is like
or Photography, etc. Each of our art teachers will present
a 10 minute section on their field. The theme will be
the mysterious. I would like to have input before we begin:
ideas you might have as to what we could include. An example
of one would be Meunch's "The Scream" (a painting of his
nightmare". Our courses include: Photography, Drawing &
Painting, Sculpture, Ceramics, Commercial Art, Jewelry,
and a basic entry level mix class of 2d and 3d work. another example
might be a segment of the show "Unsolved Mysteries" they did on
Leonardo's Mona Lisa. How he may have painted his own face to finish.
We do not want to get too gruesome. We will present slides, computer
slide show, and video clips. Music tie ins? Language Arts (poems?)
Social Studies? So far I have thought of 2 truths and a lie theme.
Present 3 works together and have them guess which is the lie. Then
another 3 and son on. Any ideas??

Ruth