Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: brainstorming ideas (high school)

From: craig roland (rolandc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 20:36:40 PDT

>. . . snip
>I'm not sure that we are teaching thinking I'm not sure that
>we are truly teaching making the connections I'm not sure if art
>ed has some BIG QUESTIONS
>I'm trying to brainstorm
>Patty ---

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but Sydney Walker's book "Making
Meaning in Art Making" is about this very thing. . .teaching from BIG
questions. I use this book in my art methods class and highly
recommend it.

See the book here (Davis Publications Web site)

Craig Roland - Associate Professor of Art Education
School of Art and Art History - University of Florida
PO Box 115801, Gainesville Florida 32611-5801
Art Ed Office: 352.392.9165 Fax: 352-392-8453
@rt room:
art junction: