Re: brainstorming ideas (high school)

---------

From: craig roland (rolandc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 20:36:40 PDT

>. . . snip
>
>I'm not sure that we are teaching thinking I'm not sure that
>we are truly teaching making the connections I'm not sure if art
>ed has some BIG QUESTIONS
>
>I'm trying to brainstorm
>
>Patty ---

Patty,

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but Sydney Walker's book "Making
Meaning in Art Making" is about this very thing. . .teaching from BIG
questions. I use this book in my art methods class and highly
recommend it.

Craig

See the book here (Davis Publications Web site)

http://216.122.218.179/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=D&
Product_Code=583-4&Category_Code=RBAEPS

Craig Roland - Associate Professor of Art Education
School of Art and Art History - University of Florida
PO Box 115801, Gainesville Florida 32611-5801
Art Ed Office: 352.392.9165 Fax: 352-392-8453
http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html
@rt room: http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room
art junction: http://www.artjunction.org

---