Re: From Sara - Hockney Lesson ideas

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 19:10:44 PDT

I do a unit on light and sound in science...the camera obscura would be a real cool thing to do with my kidlets...wonder how feasible it would be to make..a portable one? there is this covered portico out back of our school...i am going to check with the one art teacher there...both are wonderful tho!! Maybe this could be an activity the older kids could do with the younger ones..ok..on that note really *am* going to hit the hay
night all!! :)

--- Judy Decker <judydeckeriad@yahoo.com> wrote:
Sara's message is meant for everyone....So I am
sharing with all...It was no accident, Sara. I had
been meaning to get that site for you. We are in no
rush for your lesson...Just know that many will use
it.

From Sara:

Actually it is pure serendipity that you have been
posting all these links about Hockney- I just ordered
the book Secret Knowledge by Hockney (second hand of
course the blinking price is atrocious!!).

I had my Art and Tech research the camera obscura in
their sketchbooks last week, this week I will be
introducing Hockney and his work as well as his
discoveries, then later we will take pictures and
create photo-montages! I am doing this for National
Board stuff, so it is fun to keep getting more ideas.
Now it's a question of sifting through all the stuff
and deciding what to use!!

I have a great lesson I plan on posting when I have
written up the explanation etc- I have the handout
but need to fine tune lesson plan. I will have this
done by the end of the month as I am presenting it at
our state conference in Greensboro.

Cheers all- have a great week!

Sara in NC

=====