From Sara - Hockney Lesson ideas

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 18:51:12 PDT

Sara's message is meant for everyone....So I am
sharing with all...It was no accident, Sara. I had
been meaning to get that site for you. We are in no
rush for your lesson...Just know that many will use
it.

From Sara:

Actually it is pure serendipity that you have been
posting all these links about Hockney- I just ordered
the book Secret Knowledge by Hockney (second hand of
course the blinking price is atrocious!!).

I had my Art and Tech research the camera obscura in
their sketchbooks last week, this week I will be
introducing Hockney and his work as well as his
discoveries, then later we will take pictures and
create photo-montages! I am doing this for National
Board stuff, so it is fun to keep getting more ideas.
Now it's a question of sifting through all the stuff
and deciding what to use!!

I have a great lesson I plan on posting when I have
written up the explanation etc- I have the handout
but need to fine tune lesson plan. I will have this
done by the end of the month as I am presenting it at
our state conference in Greensboro.

Cheers all- have a great week!

Sara in NC

=====