Re: ANOTHER question for Elementay art teachers

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 17:39:12 PDT

Patty,

I'm constantly pulling from my work for shows and for just general
school displays. My kids know if they truly want to take it home, I
will let them. But, most of them look forward to having me ask for
their work in either case...it becomes a big deal. I have also been
known to keep their work for workshops with other elementary teachers
and for an entire summer because my first art show for entering
students' work is mid September and I sometimes don't have completed
projects from the new school year. In this case, I get the students'
home addresses and phone numbers to be able to notify them or the
exhibit and the partiulars.

Each student this year has a portfolio and my fourth graders have
sketchbooks. They will also have altered books. So, I don't think much
will be going home until the end of the year. I'm afraid to let the
sketchbooks and altered books go home. I may not get them back.

Sandy

---