Re: ANOTHER question for Elementay art teachers

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 13:20:33 PDT

Thanks! I agree with "putting them to work" - last year I had a parent
"observer". Handed him a crayon and a large piece of paper and had him draw
along with us. He loved it! Last week my superintendant walked in as we were
working on our skeletons for 6th grade - proportion and simplification.
Naturally I sat him down and handed him a pencil - the kids loved it! <grin>
~Michal

> i loved this point Michal...same holds true in other types of classrooms
as well...school (in many cases thankfully!!)I spend alot of time explaining
the integrated curriculum i teach to my parents and how copperative learning
works,too...which is why i tell them that this is their classroom,too..feel
free to pop in...the kids will put them to work,too*chuckles*
> i love all the stuff you share Michal!!

---