Re: ANOTHER question for Elementay art teachers

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 11:15:57 PDT

Re: ANOTHER question for Elementay art teachersThis comment caught my eye (missed the original somehow) - but I have always had students choose 2 or 3 art projects to show in the big art show at the end of the year. I am always fascinated by the student's choices. It usually reflects more which projects the students enjoyed the most instead of which artwork was visually the strongest. Any artwork chosen by me to be exhibited in the local art museum always makes it into the artshow without any prompting from me. This is also a tool I use when working on my next year's curriculum - if no student chooses a certain project then I will either refine the project or drop it. :-) There are some projects that I can almost guarantee that every child will choose, so yes, there are alot of examples of that project, but I do my show for the kids, not the adults. I have spent years educating my parents on the show's set-up.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  P.S. to Carol who wrote: When you do an annual show, don't you have a lot of work that is the same?
> Do you put a piece in from each child? I would like to give it a try some
> time, maybe this will be the year.

---