Mexican Folk Art Web Sites -on IAD (Michal-Lauren-All)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 08:42:17 PDT

Michal and Lauren (and all),

I would love to see your projects! Michal - if you put
yours up on your site - could I grab the image to put
on the plans that are already on Incredible Art
Department (no lesson plan needed - I'll just put a
blurb about how yu did the lesson)- of course linking
to your site.

Lauren - what are you doing with your students?

You will find this link to Oaxacan wood carings
http://www.lafuente.com/new/intro.php?page=arsenio&menu=3
- and more on Incredible Resources:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/mexico.htm

Here is one lesson for Alebrijes (Oaxacan wood
carvings) - Ours were paper mache:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/7-alebrijes.htm
 (link to LaFuetne is on plan as well)

Here is one lesson on Amate Painting (that needs to be
updated - watch out for typos):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/7Amate.htm

Michal - I would love to "tag" your project onto this
plan. I think I will search my floppies to see if I
still have a student exanple myself to add.

Folks I have LOTS more links for Mexican art and folk
art - I just need to knowwht you want and will use.
Please share your Mexican Folk art lessons with the
list.. I will post an image or two to the site linking
up all of the valuable resources I have found. I
especailly want to know if anyone is doing Mexican
inspired foil tooling. I ony add links now to the site
when I know someone out there is using them - the best
place for me to add links are on the lesson plan pages
that are added now. So few are really using Incredible
Art Resources...but I keep the ste out there for thseo
who do. As always - if you want to use a page with
students - let me know so I can remove broken links
and check to make sure the content is still kid safe
(sites do change often - and go offline). I have put
some of the responsibility of removing broken links on
those who use the site (smile -- email
Jdecker@woh.rr.com). I correct links immdiately when I
hear from an art teacher.

EVERYONE - post your Mexican art lessons - I will save
all of the ideas into a folder so they will be ready
for all next year.

Great Day!

=====
Judith Decker