Re: Art Crimes

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 07:23:56 PDT

I did one of my college research projects on forgeries - it is a VERY
fascinating field. I quickly discovered that I needed to narrow my research
to just paintings and just within the past 300 years! I have a book "Three
Picassos Before Breakfast: Memoirs of an Art Forger's Wife" by Anne-Marie
Stein that details her husbands forgery experiences. This was a true story
and an easy read book if you're looking for a good non-fiction.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> There was a cool special on one Sat. about a man who was selling forged
> Giacomettis!!! So amazing! He even altered documents at the British
Museum (am
> blanking on the proper name!). How he was caught and the man who was
making
> the forgeries, the story was really incredible. Because it was one woman
who
> would not authenticate a painting from his gallery and other experts had.
She
> was the catalyst and helped track down the doucmentation and evidence to
catch
> him!

---