Re: 3- Dimensional mandalas

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 20:50:32 PDT

I was just curious as to how those of you who teach mandalas approach the
Tibetan culture and their purpose for creating mandalas. My step
mother-in-law is Tibetan and it is such a complex culture with deep
political interference with China that I'm not sure I could begin to do it
justice. What brought this to mind was all the discussion recently on the
political correctness of teaching Native Americans, Aboriginious, and
Africa. Just tossing out food for thought. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

---