Re: 3- Dimensional mandalas

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 20:02:05 PDT

Dear Rick...
wonderful sites there too!!
As for 3D mandalas...how about just having the kids take the ones they draw and turn them into 3D ones..run off enough copies so they can add more sections on raised paper donuts to the base drawing..or by adding on geejaws and baubles and other found items to make their mandala a raised one (would that still be considered 3D?)If you wanted to get *really* esoteric..there are folks out there who construct 3D Enochian temples within a circle...tho..hm...ok..you could have students take a picture of an existing structure..say the Taj Mahal..and have them just take a slice out of it like it shows on the paintshop tutorial and then keep on rotating it..then have them actually *build* a model of the resulting *new* structure rising up off of the base picture.Hope this all makes sense..i can see it *soooo* clearly in my mind*chuckles*
wishing all here a wonderful evening
~Samantha

---