RE: Clay Relief Plaques -Egyptian Eyes photos

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 19:17:13 PDT

They were like necklaces which were attached to mat board. I gave them a
handout with the eye shape on it & they put the clay right on the paper. They
used snakes for the linear parts and balls for the pupils & left the white
part open. Then, they peeled the whole thing off the paper and laid in on to
a pancake of white. They cut out around the white so they had a relief of the
eye shape. Beads and stones were added to the eyelids and pupils. We used
*gasp* polyurethane to coat them. I know, I know- won't do that again! We
strung beads on wire & attached them to the top corners & I displayed them
against colored mat board. The kids loved this project. I found a picture of
my students' work- not the best photo, but you get the idea! I'll have to
remember to take close-ups this year.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ppicasso26/vwp?.dir=/egyptian+eyes&.dnm=Egyptian+eye+3.jpg&.view=t

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From Bruthrobson@aol.com =====
>DENISE,
>FOUND IT!!!!!!! AWESOME, THANK YOU!
>
>Did your class do them like this? Were they more like plaques or necklaces?
> I am assuming they were rectangular right?
>
>Brenda
>>
>> http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ppicasso26/lst?.dir=/egyptian+eyes&.view=t

---