RE: Clay Relief Plaques -Egyptian Eyes photos

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 13:51:35 PDT

We only used the colored Sculpey for the details and mounted them to a rolled
out piece of white Sculpey, which is less expensive. We then cut out around
them. I've posted two pictures here:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ppicasso26/lst?.dir=/egyptian+eyes&.view=t

I need to admit that these are NOT my students' work- I photographed them at a
Northwestern Ohio student art exhibit & "liberated" the idea. I wish I could
thank the teacher, but I do not know his/her name! I think they were from the
Toledo area, so if anyone knows, I'd like to give credit where credit is due.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From Bruthrobson@aol.com =====
>What a great idea!
>I just bought a sandstone Egyptian plaque from our State Fair. We could put
>rolled out colored sculpey on that. Or white sculpey that they could paint.
>I am wondering if that is economical. It seems the back ground should be
>some thing else to take up the bulk and not waste the clay. I wonder what
kind
>of flat filler I could cook in the oven?
>Maybe cardboard itself?
>Brenda
>

> I would highly reccommend the colored Sculpey. We have made Egyptian Eye
>reliefs with Sculpey and added beads along the eylids. It worked very well.
>We
>sealed the tiny beads in with sealer.

---