Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: more safety concerns-rubber cement question

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 02:50:02 PDT

I love prang gluesticks!! I have used them for handwriting and spelling words too...i save all of those itty bitty dots from my hole puncher and have kids *write* their spelling words with the gluesticks then sprinkle the glue with the little dots or even sometimes with glitter..they can see where they wrote the words and then when it's dry they trace around the letters with thin tipped black markers. We do work on the right way to use the gluesticks too so whatever they are mounting sticks evenly and without lumps..

--- wrote:

<< I hate glue sticks; the glue just doesn't stay stuck. >>

Have you tried PRANG brand glue sticks? They are my favoritie. We have
gotten ROSS (yucky gummy and sticky) and now have School Specialities store brand
(they came as low bidder!!! something I will complain about for next year!).
But PRANG are the best!!! Also they come in a light purple that dries clear
so kids can see where they put the glue!