Re: need a "timetakerupper" that actually teaches art

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 20:56:38 PDT

>Well, I'm teaching my first ceramic lesson (slab "memento" boxes)
>while student teaching and I'm looking for something to do on the
>two days when their boxes will be firing in the kiln. It will be
>the last days that the kids have art before they begin their next
>"exploratory" class.
Kristy

This web page is a group project on surrealism that can be introduced
as a learning experience rather than something to be fired. After
doing the work and learning the lessons the clay is not fired, but
used again. I would tell them in advance that the work is for
learning - not to be fired. After doing the work, I ask them to
explain how it felt and what they learned about their own creative
thinking. It can be a good discussion about how we get new ideas and
where our ideas come from for our art and in our lives. Art History
ideas are given in the lesson.

http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/lessons/clanimal.html

--
studio phone: 574-533-0171