RE: Discouraging words

---------

From: Jeanne Voltura (jvoltura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 17:32:55 PDT

I also think that when you talk to anyone about their art work...what
usually works better than even placing judgement on the persons art, and
therefore the person... or on their ability or if they are trying or
not...is just to have a conversation with the person about the things that
are strong and the things that could be improved and give them ways of
improving these things...but again, discuss this with them...then you are
both complimenting what works and what doesn't...and giving them ways of
fixing it...but also, getting them to think for themeselves...always
starting with a good remark and then a more critical remark and ending with
a good remark works well...