RE: ANOTHER question for Elementay art teachers

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 15:15:27 PDT

For K-4, I keep 4 or 5 from each class upon completion of a project. These
students get an Artist of the Week certificate & the rest of the students take
their projects home. I do this because we have an arts festival at the end of
the year, so I need a variety of projects. I also make sure the kids know that
everyone will get chosen at least once (they all want me to keep theirs!) As
for the 5th graders, I require them to keep a portfolio all year of their
finished work. Someone donated large x-ray pockets (sleeves?) and they work
GREAT. I also require them to keep a sketchbook with all of their "sloppy
copies" and free drawing inside (I use the bookbinder & make them myself. The
cover is decorated with a radial name design).
Just some ideas. I am always refining!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>> How often do you send work home in elementary art?

---