Re: Hand made paper sculpture techniques?

---------

From: Holly Kingman (baaaramu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 13:07:17 PDT

I've made bowls from paper pulp. We formed them over plastic bowls from the grocery store-picnic type bowls. They turn out great. We also coated them with mod podge when they were dry to give them a nice shiny finish. Very easy-did them with second grade, used different colored construction paper. The good quality sulphite construction paper works best--the colors are brighter. The hard part is making all the pulp!
Holly

C Gaul <allgaul@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi everybody,
I was wondering if anyone has ever created 3 D sculptures using paper mash?
I saw some bowls today at a craft store that were definitely made from hand
made paper mash, and it looked as if they were made over a balloon. I am not
sure how they could dry on the balloon without sliding off. If any one knows
of a technique for this, I would LOVE to know how! They were so interesting.

Cathy
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted. - Einstein"