Mandala and Illumination Clay Relief Plaques -lesson ideas

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 12:54:23 PDT

Dear Friends in Art Education,

Kara LiCausi sent me her images of her Life Cycles
Mandalas - along with the drawings the her 7th graders
did. Below is the link:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/kara-man.htm
This IS NOT linked to the site yet as it still needs
more details to be linked to the lesson plans section.

Scroll down on the page and you will see how she used
the same idea with 6th graders with Illuminated
Letters. I thought this was a very good way to handle
the dilemma of what to do while the clay is being
fired. Kara is sending a lesson plan for the
Illuminated Letters in the future that will be added
to this page. See Incredible Resources and Ken
Schwab's lesson for links for Illumination. See
Incredible Resources for links for Mandalas - links to
be added to the lesson plan.

Judith

=====
Judith Decker