Re: Encouraging words

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 12:13:21 PDT

I LOVE those Encouraging Words!

Here are some of my thoughts.

I think even at kindergarten level a student needs to me guided and
encouraged to be an ever learning student artist.

There should be discussion of what is a student artist, what does a student
artist do, how does a student artist act/behave, how does a student artist
talk about art, how can a student artist use his
imagination,.................................
Students should create idea/action lists

There should be class reflection after a project.

A student artist:
Tries different ways

Makes lines individual to meet the needs of the composition and /or of the
visual story

Uses his/her imagination to take that line for a walk
today side to side
all over the page
around the shapes
going thick to thin
turning into spirals
making zig zags
 20 different ways

Uses his/her imagination to create a vignette drawing

Thinks to her/himself what can I add to this project to make it special then
tries it

Fills in some shapes and leaves some shapes empty

Follows the objectives of the lesson

Asks him/her self what did I do well and what do I need to improve
Can a student artist plan, learn new things, follow teacher objectives and
still be creative?
Do I want a student to be spontaneous vs. knowledgeable

Sara

---