RE: Discouraging words

---------

From: Broadwater, Katherine (KBroadwater_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 05:23:57 PDT

Jane and Michael,
Your topic is timely for me since I just (yesterday) sent a column to SchoolArts magazine about the fine art of praise. It should come out in February. I wish I would have read your comments before submitting my column because you gave me some good ideas to ponder. This is an important area for teachers to consider because we talk to our kids quite a bit everyday and are sometimes not as careful as we should be. My column in the Sept. issue of SchoolArts is about encouraging art teachers, which is also an area of critical need.
Kay Broadwater