ANOTHER question for Elementay art teachers

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 20:49:09 PDT

A question came up for me this week and would like your help.

How often do you send work home in elementary art?
In my district the elementary teachers keep the majority of work for
showcases, hall display, we have district shows, and individual building
shows. Every child gets shown somewhere somehow.
Our policy is to send home an end of the year portfolio with assessment.
Work does go home through out the year but the best is kept for
"showcasing." I am being asked now to set a policy that work go home on
a quarterly basis. That may put a crimp into our ability to make the best
displays --- I'm not sure, I'm not an elementary teacher.

Any thoughts on such a policy? When do you send the work home? how much do
you keep?

Patty

---