Re: Safety / Allergies

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 20:19:51 PDT

I really think that you cannot run your program trying to avoid anything
that a child might me allergic to. I think it is the parent's
responsibility to let the school know of any known allergies--you might be
cautious of a child who seems to be allergic to everything--their list is
huge--corn products, wheat products, latex, insects etc. Almost all
professional artist's supplies are toxic--cadmium etc.--glazes are poison,
dust can kill you, air brush spray causes shock in some people, blah,
blah , blah.

 Ask the kids at the beginning of the
year if they are allergic to anything, and be careful about the ones who
start giving you lists. Test them in a small area, or provide an
alternative assignment. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #