Re: more safety concerns...a response

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 14:19:06 PDT

FYI MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) are available through Sax and
probably all vendors. Our policy at Sax is to include a sheet with
invoicing for each product that warrants one. If you are in doubt about a
product, please contact our customer service dept. to receive the
appropriate info. We sell Armor Etch and have had no problems with it as
far as I know. If you want an alternate product, in order to get an "etched
feel" on glass you might try the Krylon matte spray on p. 235 or you can
airbrush some matte medium or the "Glass & Tile
Medium" onto the glass understanding that this is not a permanent answer but
rather a temporary one that might get smudged, scratched or washed off. This
would create a nice cosmetic look however. If you want an alternate to
rubber cement, you might want to try Tri Tix Rubber Cream Glue on page 212
in the Sax catalog. Hope this helps!
Judy Nagel
Sax Arts & Crafts
jdnag@elknet.net