Re: {Spam?} Advice needed for a college art ed student!

---------

From: Jon Hartman (Jon.Hartman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 13:06:12 PDT

I have been teaching for the past three years. I went to Central
Missouri State University. I now am teaching in Minnesota. I would say
that you should finish the BFA first. The reason is that your teaching
lisence will only last so many years. (I think it is a CP1, meaning 3
years) In that time you have to complete inservices and other things.
You will have to look into that.....
I would also suggest that if you want to get your MFA to start as soon
as possible.....
Any classes that you take will help you in the classroom. I know that
I took some classes just for the expericence and they have helped
me.....
I hope that this helps.

Jonathan Hartman
Dassel-Cokato High School
Art Teacher
(320) 286-4100 ext.1832

>>> leesree@hotmail.com 10/02/03 11:24AM >>>

Hello Art teachers!
I am a student at Southeast Missouri State University. I am currently
working on my BS in Art ED K-12 and thinking about adding on a BFA in 3d
design. Would this be helpful in the classroom? Also, I need opinions
about should I finish my art ed degree (complete my field studies) and
then complete my BFA or work on my BFA then, finish my BS in Art Ed
last? I need guidance!!!
Thanks!
Alissa Blechle

"Some people say the secret o' life is enjoying the passage of
time."----James Taylor

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
patented spam protection and more. Sign up now! ---

leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---