Alton Tobey - major exhibition & reception

---------

From: Exhibition Director (tech-man_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 07:44:01 PDT

All members of the artsednet list who may be in the Westchester County
NY area in October or November are invited to see The New Rochelle
Council on The Arts' major exhibition of over 30 original paintings by
Alton Tobey October 22nd through November 14th at the New Rochelle
Public Library.

Tobey, a Larchmont, NY resident, is an internationally known artist,
illustrator and muralist whose works are in scores of museums, public
places and important private collections. His illustrations include over
300 originalpoaintings he created for the Golden Book United States
History series in the 1950's and his work for the Epic of Man series for
Life Magazine. More information on the show with over a dozen images of
the paintings in the exhibition can be seen at:

<http://www.dolice.com/Tobey.html>

Also, all are invited to attend our reception for the exhibition to
honor the artist on Sunday afternoon, November 2, 2003 between 3 and 5
p.m. at the library.

Thanks very much for taking time to review the pages, and to post the
information, if possible.

Joe Dolice
Exhibition Director
The New Rochelle Council on The Arts