Re: A question for the elementary art teachers out there

---------

STeacherkipp_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 19:26:43 PDT

In a message dated 10/1/2003 19:18:18 Pacific Daylight Time,
MissCaiola@aol.com writes:

> How often do you see your elementary students for art? (every week, every
> other week, twice a month?) How long are your class sessions? Do all grades
> have the same amount of art time in the elementary school?

I see every K-5 student once or twice a week. Each time I see them it's for
35 min. I have around 500 students. I have 6 art periods a day. I teach Reading
to a small group (12) of 5th graders every morning for an hour. Every thing
is being driven the No Child Left Behind Reading First Grant.

Susan in OR

---