Re: A question for the elementary art teachers out there

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 19:29:45 PDT

I now see my K-2 students 20 min. a day, every day. I split my time between computers, art, and library - but I am free to use the time as I want (very strange combo!). Grades 3-6 I have for 35 min. 2x a week, plus I rotate every other week on Fridays - 3rd & 4th one week, 5th & 6th the next for an additional 35 min. I teach art and technology - again, to be split as I want. THEN I go teach middle school and high school, daily! :-)
~Michal

  Greetings fellow Art Educators ---- A few questions for the elementary art teachers out there...to satisfy my curiousity:

  How often do you see your elementary students for art? (every week, every other week, twice a month?) How long are your class sessions? Do all grades have the same amount of art time in the elementary school?

  I am curious, as I know the amount of Art time that students get per week varies in my school district from building to building. I was wondering how much it varied between all of us all over the country.

  Looking forward to your input!
  Patti

---