Re: middle school centers

---------

From: Ray Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 19:49:04 PDT

I have a selection of how to draw books, some cartooning books and a
couple of computers with a game- The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis (
a cool game that teaches/reinforces logical thinking and math processes,
but without any math that is obvious), they also use it for drawing and
I have an old copy of Kid Pix that some enjoy- they remember it from
elementary. I also have lots of art books to look at. Usually if kids do
have extra time, it is only 5 or 10 minutes, so they really enjoy
looking at the art books. They also have sketchbooks to work in and I
usually post some kind of drawing idea for extra credit- like when we
returned from our vacation (we are year round) the extra credit was to
draw something they did on vacation OR draw something they wish they
could have done on vacation.
I don't have any centers that are messy or have materials that can be
ruined if I am not paying attention
Good luck and enjoy-
Heather

christinek wrote:

> Hey allI just began teaching middle school a

---