Re: parents favorites: 5 years of self portraits

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 17:28:40 PDT

parents favorite: profile silhouetteEvery year I have all my students (grades 1 -5) draw their self portrait using colored pencils, chalk pastels and markers. They are very detailed. They spend a lot of time trying to achieve the exact color blend for their hair, eyes, lips, skin and shirt. I save them for five years. They get to see their old ones every year but then they have to give them back to me. In fifth grade they glue all five to a 24" x 36" piece of colored paper. They decorate around the borders with oil pastels and sharpies. They write their names either in a fancy font on the computer and glue them on, or they can write their names in a fancy way. The parents have told me that they love seeing the five years of self portraits for the first time. They keep them forever.
Sky in NJ