Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: teachers of color - response

From: dkj (jouets_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 14:50:22 PDT

I am a teacher of color -and- a teacher of color. :-}
I recently purchased a set of Crayola multicultural "skin color" tempera
They came in bottles about half the size I expected... won't go far and I
afford to buy more.
I remember last year mixing lots of different skin tone shades that kids
pick from, but that took a lot of time for me and also wasted a lot of
I think if I had the students do it the same thing would happen.
What do you do when you need skin tones for self-portraits and such
in paint?