Re: teachers of color - response

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 06:44:07 PDT

Sue, I'm planning to do a Monet and other Impressionist unit in a few weeks. I can imagine my
students "finishing" in one class period. Do you have any tips for slowing down the dabbling?

Yesterday we looked at and compared Copley's "Watson and the Shark" and Homer's "The Gulf
Stream", so we talked about how much painting changed in the intervening years. Those
paintings can be appreciated on so many levels they seem to work well for my population.

Betty

---