re: Computer Help

---------

From: kerry marquis (kmartist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 06:10:59 PDT

 I must say that I agree that the Sony camera is good, but I don't believe that they make the one with floppies anymore. Now, they have cds. I disagree about using the memory sticks. I hate those. They take extra software and hardware. It is much easier to use the cds, copy those you want and store them. Delete the rest and use the cd over again. They fit into your regular cd drive and you can carry several disks with you and never run out of space! Sony Mavica. I also agree that in a scanner, you want to have features other than just scanning. You want to be able to move the images easily into your software program. As far as software goes, I used to use Adobe PhotoShop, but it is very expensive. Adobe Elements is VERY similar and much less expensive. Another note on the sony camera. I loved using mine with the floppies because I could issue an inexpensive floppy disk to each student in my class who could then pop it into the camera, take pics, then pop it into the computer without having to wait on other s
tudents to take their turns. It was very efficient. Students had a place on the central server at the school where they could save all of their images, so they could erase their disks and use them over and over again. I never had to keep up with them. Check it out. Maybe you could get one used really cheap and have it as the student camera.Have loads of fun!Kerry MarquisCheck out my art sites at www.teachart.netTake a free personality test on my site!!http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com