Re: computer tech help

---------

From: Dale (dtsafdie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 03:50:29 PDT

A comment about scanners -

Go for the resolution first as John Bueltel suggested, but notice if there
are other features. I've had several scanners. I love the one I have now, a
Visioneer, because it has a Copy button so it acts as a photocopy machine
(for one copy at a time). I can send images directly to the printer without
having to take the time to scan and store them. I like the software too. It
has a form typer and an OCR bridge to the word processor.

I disagree about the camera using floppies. I used to like this system, but
you end up with a huge stack of diskettes that you have to carry around and
each disk has a limited capacity. I like the kind with the tiny memory
cards. They can hold a tremendous number of images. You can buy additional
cards in all different capacities, so you can swap them out when they are
full. Look for one that uses a USB cable to download to your base computer
system. Then you can transfer them onto a CD (make sure your CD player can
write to CDs). A lot of the apples you find at schools do not use a floppy
drive.

Dale in TN

---