Re: 1st Grade Core Curriculum 1st Six Weeks --- more Core curriculum examples

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 05:30:16 PDT

"Here is another school district that lists the first six weeks of their
Core curriculum in all subjects including Art."

I'm a citizen of Nashville--teach in another school district. Our former
mayor--now governor--introduced core curriculum a few years ago to much
resistance within the metro-Nashville school district. The trade-off for
the district was that each school at every level had art and mustic
teachers. The currennt superintendent effectively wiped out art in the
middle school (and, I believe, elementary levels) one year after arrival by
"sharing" art teachers in two or more middle schools. He claimed economics
but I believe politics.
Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---