Re: those old CD's -

---------

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_golombek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 15:00:51 PST

You can also sand them down, pint them with Createx monoprint colors or try watercolor pencils and do circular monoprints on them. My middle schoolers love sanding them thinking their destroying something.

Dennis

Dennis Golombek
Lowry Middle School
North Tonawanda, NY
http://home.adelphia.net/~golombek

>From: "Sears, Ellen"
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk"
>Subject: those old CD's -
>Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:46:21 -0500
>
>Since this comes up occasionally - a few uses I have come across recently -
>
>Clock faces - the CDs were painted - embellishments added - then the
>clockworks -
>
>Book covers -
>
>Wheels for car models - Kelvin Electronics sells adapters to fit inside the
>opening so that the axle (1/4" dowel rod) fits - if it fits for an axle -
>can also be used for sculptures.... (kelvin.com....CD Disc to Wheel
>Converter / Reducer, Price: $2.95 Cleverly converts your outdated or
>unwanted CDs into a fun wheel. Designed to fit 1/4" dowel rod. 20/pkg. )
>
>Ellen
>
>---

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan Online ---