Re: What do teachers make?

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 08:00:50 PST

Patricia Knott wrote:

> We should always feel proud of what we do and uphold the notion that
> teaching is the noblest profession and perhaps the most selfless.
> Unfortunately we are not always regarded so nobly. But we bear the
> disregard and go on making the difference.

Assertive person that I am, I decided a long time ago to look someone
straight in the eye and tell them "I'm a teacher" when they asked my
profession. Anyone who dares to put down my profession gets a dare in
return: Follow me around for one week, and just TRY to keep up.

It's wonderful in foreign countries to tell people I'm a teacher.
Teachers get so much respect, and people react with admiration,
bordering on awe.

Maggie

---