Re: What do teachers make?

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 06:55:18 PST

Re: Patty's message:
  "Unfortunately we are not always regarded so nobly. But we bear the
disregard and go on making the difference. Make a difference."

I was at an interesting meeting on Tuesday. Multiple 50 educational
acronyms sent representatives, MEA, MASSB, SSPA, Artserve, NBPTS, and on...
I was one of two teachers invited for input. We met as part of a planning
grant to plan a coordinated, state-wide Professional Deveopment Center.

Upon introduction, all the agencies gave a one or two word reason for being
at the meeting. Words like "effective development," "student achievement,"
"teacher improvement," and "coordination of delivery."

I said, "respect," and actually heard, well maybe not a gasp, but surprise.
I think I did add a perspective that was important.

Christa

---