Re: those old CD's -

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 06:38:56 PST

I had my high school students paint an artist's reproduction on the CD
itself (round format really challenged them), then on the jewel case I had
them use paintings instead of songs and put in the artist's biography. They
turned out fantastic and the students really got into them.

Also, the Otis School of Design uses the O as their logo and sends out
wonderful calenders every year with paintings depicting the O logo. I have
thought of having students create their own Otis logo on Cd's.
~Michal

> Since this comes up occasionally - a few uses I have come across
recently -

> Clock faces - the CDs were painted - embellishments added - then the
> clockworks -
>
> Book covers -
>
> Wheels for car models - Kelvin Electronics sells adapters to fit inside
the
> opening so that the axle (1/4" dowel rod) fits - if it fits for an axle -
> can also be used for sculptures.... (kelvin.com....CD Disc to Wheel
> Converter / Reducer, Price: $2.95 Cleverly converts your outdated or
> unwanted CDs into a fun wheel. Designed to fit 1/4" dowel rod. 20/pkg. )

---