black on black pottery

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 02:20:39 PST

I know that it is possible to achieve a "black on black" pottery result with
a pit firing, but what about in an electric kiln? Is there any way to pull
this off? I don't think so, but I thought I would put the question out to
our ceramic gurus. Also, a while back, someone gave directions for
burnsihing leather hard/bone dry pots. I did that, but have not fired it
yet. Do I need to fire it at a certain cone to retain the burnished
surface?
Thanks,
Marian

---