Re: Halloween artist dressup-Retired

---------

From: dzinn (dzinn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 16:36:50 PST

Hi all, -- re-minded by re-tired!

This is a bit OT, but you can make wonderful bracelets & necklaces from
used bicycle inner tubes. Just cut a section of the right length, then
flatten & use scissors to cut straight or angled lines. Then when you
make then 'round' for wrist, etc, they fan out. Then a bit of extra
length to insert into the other end & fasten. (The easiest, but not
perhaps most permanent way, is to staple.) They are stretchy so can
give a little bit to go over wrist or head.

Does this make sense?

I can post an image if anyone wants -- or contact me privately on
mailto:dzinn@werple.net.au

This idea came from a Danish jewellery designer.

Deb of Colorado

---