1st grade drawing people

---------

From: Alexandra Viola (alexandraviola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 08:42:29 PST

Susan
When I teach figure drawing to little ones we sit in a circle and discuss
what we see when we look at a person. I have children stand up as models.
As the class names body parts the kids point to them on thier own bodies. I
chime in "don't forget the neck! Eyebrows! Knees for bending!" etc. We
talk about strong bodies and I ask if stick arms are strong (I use a funny
voice and this really helps drive it home), legs, fingers... I feel like a
cheerleader or motivational speaker but it works. Building people collages
with geometric shapes is another lesson that teaches strong bodies.

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN!