Jr High self portraits

---------

From: brenda robson (bruthrobson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 06:31:35 PST

Christine's your student's 3/4 view pastel portraits are awesome!

My 7/8th graders have gridded their photos and drawn themselves. They
turned out pretty neat except some did their lines too thick and couldn't
erase them. I am not sure how to turn these into nice pieces without
tracing new ones. They do not want to do it anymore (but they are sooo
close to a really nice piece!)
Anyway, today we are taking those and beginning cut paper portraits like
we did last year. If anyone tried these last year and have some
suggestions from things they learned (Woody?) could you let me know? I am
feeling my way along.

Good luck on the high school portraits.
Brenda

---