Inventions that changed "art"-- Help

---------

From: Lorne (LBrandt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 18:14:39 PST

I'm in the process of creating an on-line Treasure Hunt for my students.
The theme is how technology has impacted the concept of art. I'm
interested in not just the few recent decades, but how inventions of the
past helped re-define the concept of art of those times. An example could
be the camera, the printing press, acrylic paint, as well as many others.
Can you think of other inventions that have changed the concept of art?
Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Lorne in SC

---