Re: Christa Wise Mi teacher of the year!

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 04:29:08 PST

on 10/29/02 12:40 AM, Judy Nagel at jdnag@elknet.net wrote:

> Hey Everyone, One of our list members was honored in Michigan as teacher of
> the year. Congratulations goes out to Christa Wise!

i have to elaborate on this, judy.

christa, i read your presentation binder-well, skimmed really, as there
wasn't time at the MAEA conference to actually READ it all! you are really
an incredible teacher. not only an art teacher but an exemplary model for
your students as a citizen of the world. the many articles you write (in
exemplary fashion) for your local paper, the extracurricular travels with
your students, the professional development experiences you seek out, your
service to the state organization and institutions (such as your recent
participation on the committee to rewrite the michigan teacher certification
test), your exuberance and zest for your chosen profession that shine
through your students faces (in the pictures) and their work, and your own
work as an artist....well, you are really an amazing person, and very
deserving of the honor of Michigan Teacher of the Year. congratulations from
your awestruck admirer,
linda in michigan

---