Getty reply

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 08:29:14 PST

Re: These new resources are part of the Getty's continuing effort to make our
>collections a rich resource for teachers and students.
>
>Thank you very much,
>Mark

Dear Mark and all of you on the list,

It was exciting to get this message because I am going to the Classroom
Connect Technology conference in early December in LA. I will be involved
in an early conference workshop that will allow me to spend a day making a
video as I walk around the Getty Museum. On the second day we will be in
the computer lab formatting a virtual field trip.

As an art teacher on a virtual/distance learning team, I was worried that
the technology conferences would be too techno, too geeky. Actually, being
on the committee reminds me of being in chess club. But this conference
offers me something really awesome -- a chance to bring the museum back to
my students in a personal way, a chance to learn the technology to use
again and again, and a chance to get to the Getty. Yee ha!

Is anyone else out there going?

Christa (in Michigan)

---