Re: Self Portraits for HS

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 13:56:13 PST

In a message dated 10/27/2002 1:39:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sharon@art-rageous.net writes:

> I've done gridded self-portraits with my Art I students for the last several
> years with awesome results. In fact, the kids are working on that now.
> http://www.art-rageous.net/GroupPortrait2002.html

Sharon, I LOVE this lesson and the results are wonderful. I think I can even
do this lesson with my 5th graders. I even have that Chuck Close book. I am
going to take the pictures of my principal, superintendent and assistant
superintendent, and let the kids enlarge them. Bet they would love to see
themselves bigger than life. Most administrators already see themselves that
way- LOL- I'm very lucky to have "down-to-earth" bosses. The PR from this
will be a plus for my art program- I'll do anything to put art in the
limelight!
Thanks for Sharing.
Susan on Long Island

---