Re: junk email question

---------

From: carolyn roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 13:46:58 PST

> Do you have a new e-mail address as well? I had gotten my junk mail
lowered
> dramatically by bouncing it all back so that my e-mail address was being
> read by spammers as "undeliverable"

Michal, yes...I did get a new email address...similar, but still different.
How do you "bouce back emails" so it reads as "undeliverable"?

> I discovered that my son was using my e-mail address to confirm signing up
> with on-line gaming sites (like MSN) but he wasn't looking for those
hidden
> boxes that gives them the go-ahead to send you their "free offers and
other
> valuable information".

This happens on a lot of web sites and we don't realize it sometimes. But
another plus...is my Norton Security. I think it costs about $55 with a $30
rebate...and then costs about $15 a year to renew. Norton Security has some
good features. Keeps pop-up pages from doing so, has a firewall, has a
parental control feature for those who need it, and other stuff that I
haven't even figured out yet. I've already had messages showing that
someone from Asia has been trying to "hack into my computer" and the
firewall stops that. It automatically updates the antivirus part every week
and runs a scan on my entire computer every Friday night. I just feel so
much more secure about my computer now that I've got it installed.
Carolyn

> > I changed servers a couple of months ago...went through my cable company
> > high speed internet (LOVE IT!)...and also installed Norton
Security...and

---